Hi! I’m Dr. Stacy Sutton, PT DPT WCS CLT.
The Professional Stuff
I am a Licensed Physical Therapist (PT) in Texas. I am also the founder of Sutton Health Advocacy LLC, a pelvic physical therapy company.
It’s always a bit awkward when you have to brag about yourself and then also appear to be humble. But anyway, if I don’t tell you then you won’t know that I’m really good at what I do and I really love what I do.
I treat and help women with pelvic related issues. You can scroll down to see a list of what I treat. But basically, I help with pee problems, poop problems, and intimacy problems.
I am a board-certified Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS) through the American Physical Therapy Association. After I finished physical therapy school at Texas Woman’s University in Houston, I decided I wanted to specialize in Women’s Health/Pelvic Health.
Following graduation from physical therapy school, I completed a 13 month Residency in Women’s Health through the Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation and Texas Woman’s University in Dallas Physical Therapy Residency in Women’s Health (it’s a mouth full, I know).
What I’m trying to tell you is that I did not just go and take a weekend class on how to treat pregnant women or how to treat urinary incontinence. I lived and breathed all things women’s health for slightly over a year. That was in 2013 and I have been treating women with pelvic floor dysfunction ever since. And I love it.
Sutton Health Advocacy’s mission is to empower women to heal themselves.
“Only you can heal yourself. My job is to guide you and provide you with the resources you need to heal yourself. I will walk with you through that process.”
My passion for helping others comes from seeing the burden of health concerns and chronic illness in her patients. Maintaining optimal health in the face of chronic illness and medical treatments is difficult. Further adding to that burden can be social or personal stress.
Dealing with all the components that go into holistic self-care is not easy. But healing is possible, with an individualized treatment plan. I create treatment plans suited to each person’s unique needs, functional level, and goals.
I founded Sutton Health Advocacy to give my patients the tools and treatment they deserve to achieve optimal pelvic health.
“100% resolution of symptoms is always what I strive for. However, for some people, complete resolution may not be realistic. That is why optimization of health is the key. And optimal pelvic health may look different for different people. That is why an individual treatment plan is so important.”
Let me help you get back to doing what you love.
Schedule an appointment today to begin healing.
- Certified ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Specialist through Select Medical (2018)
- Board-certified Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS) through the American Physical Therapy Association (2015)
- Advanced Certificate in Women’s Health Physical Therapy through Texas Woman’s University (2014)
- Residency trained through Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation and Texas Woman’s University in Dallas Physical Therapy Residency in Women’s Health (2013-2014)
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist through the Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy (2013)
Conditions Dr. Sutton Treats
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic Girdle Pain
Low Back Pain
Safe Exercise Plan
Diastasis Recti Abdominis
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Cesarean Scar Management
Other Pelvic Health
Breast & Gynecologic Onocology Related
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Stacy.
Have questions? Contact us.
The Personal Stuff
I live in Dallas with my husband and 7 month old son. They make my world a better and brighter place and I am so fortunate to have them in my life.
A few random facts about me:
- I prefer cats to dogs and am especially fond of tiny fluffy kittens with triangular tails
- Judge Judith Sheindlin is one of my heroes
- I could easily spend all my money at The Container Store, Athleta and Lululemon
- I love doing jigsaw puzzles
- I think Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg are a fantastic duo